Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Tag I Passed Around

Just to clarify, I did not pass on the What Men Want to Know tag. I think pretty much everybody has done it already. What with our recent obsessing with age/birthdays, I remembered this other tag I did last year. Went something like this:

10 Things I Will Have Done by Thirty (in order of absolutely sure to I hope they'll happen)

10. Had two kids (horrors!)
9. Grown my hair long (and probably chopped it darn short all over again)
8. Either got used to V or killed him in a fit of homicidal mania.
7. Attended my coz Tua's marriage with a bag full of diapers (her recurrent nightmare)
6. Become an awesome cook.
5. Learnt to drive. (Keep those fingers crossed.)
4. Sat for my French diplome.
3. Moved out of Cal.
2. Learnt to live with Ma-in-law (and her with me). Ditto Baba, my own I mean.
1. Changed my cellphone to a smaller model.


10 Things I Miss in My Life Right Now (in no particular order)

- B and E, my two sources of support
- Grass (the kid better be worth giving it up for good)
- The badam milk you get in glass bottles in Vizag
- Vizag. Its beaches, evenings and hills
- My waist
- My old kitchen. Been missing it for such a long time now. Could help myself to whatever grub without asking somebody for permission or needing to consider somebody else might wish to have some of it. Yes, I am just that selfish.
- Equilibrium. I seem to be a mass of rather emotional hormones.
- TLC
- My books. Nobody, but nobody and that includes my mum who usually gets what I need, understands how lost I feel without them or how upsetting it is for me to see them rotting away in a house far from me. In a fit of pettiness I threw some of V's down today, from the shelf. Why should I care for his when he couldn't care less for mine?
- My sense of humour. Once famous in my circle as my only redeeming feature... where does that leave me now? :-)

So Itchy, Dipali, MM, and Wishful -- this is what you've been tagged for. Actually, Wishful, you were tagged for this one the last time and didn't do it! Come on, be a sport. Been so long since you've posted. Everybody, make your own lists, and for the nearest decade to come.

It's an open tag otherwise, so if anybody else feels like making one, go ahead. Please come and tell me about it!

And I think I'll add Kiran to the list.

4 comments:

karmickids said...

Babe, been a long time since I was thirty, and really short till I will be forty. Quelle horreur....

ITW said...

hey, 32 here!!
anyway, always wanted to do this list .. will do it by dec end .. when i turn on the introspective mode ...

Itchingtowrite said...

itw is me...sorry, gmail account got layed

Sue said...

Kiran -- Mais pourquoi? Don't you like setting yourself targets?

ITW -- Yeah, so you got lots of time to make plans and carry them out. Just imagine, by the time you are all of 40, the twins will be 10 and they will think we are dinosaurs!