Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Wedding Invitation

Came across this old thing at Rimi's... it was the wedding invitation I sent out via email to all my friends.

Dear All,

I hear some people haven't received their invitations by post yet (sorry! Blame the service.) so I'm sending all the stuff you need to know in this mail.

Wedding's on the 22nd, at 7.30 p.m. The registration, if all goes on time or something not too far from it, is scheduled for 9 pm. Dinner will be served from 7.30 though, so decide when you want to come, if you don't feel up to staying the whole course. Don't forget the gift because I plan to print out dinner coupons and a list of invitees, and if your name doesn't have the 'gift received' tick next to it, you'll probably forfeit dinner. And dinner looks interesting, going by the menu. (Oh and "buk bhore bhalobasha"doesn't count as a gift by my rules, no matter what Vicky says.)

The bashor is open house, so do stay if you want to. Those who do will be rewarded a free lunch we are passing off as the bashi biye the next day. Those who don't may please stick to the jhol-bhaat in their own houses.

That's about all you need to know I believe. Oh, and even though nobody's asked, I'm fine. Those gifts better make up for the lack of concern for the bride-to-be, that's all I have to say.

Yours as charmingly and tactfully as ever,

Me

P.S.

I'd suggest you take the trouble and roll in early, if only to catch the sight of Vicky in a topor. I imagine it'll be screamingly funny.

4 comments:

GettingThereNow said...

:D

Sue said...

Cee Kay -- Yeah, and he did look funny!

the mad momma said...

LOL! you're a whack job. And i mean that in the meanest way possible.

oh damn.. okay, i confess. i wish that had been my invite!

Sue said...

MM -- I'll be magnanimous and admit that I was impressed myself, when I read it later. :D