Thursday, November 08, 2007

I Win!

V is working on a website right now as I type. He leaned over to my lowly Windows laptop and asked me to check out a page he is working on. Seemingly, some button refuses to stay put. He sounded rather frustrated.

I smiled pityingly at him and pointed out that it is pretty incompetent of him not to be able to fix a button on.

He glared at me, nicely blended with haughtiness, and told me to do it myself, if I thought I could do a better job.

I smiled sweetly at him and said that my button-fixing skills were far superior to his. As he should know, because do I not replace all the buttons that go missing in this house (if they are replaced at all, I admit)? And I think I shall go out on a limb and say I do a darn professional job at it.

His only response was a rather amateurish belch. So much for witty repartee.

7 comments:

Just Like That said...

Happy Diwali, gal! And to your loved ones too. Will be back to read and comment.

dipali said...

Ha! Cheers the the button-waalis, I say.

Squiggles Mom said...

Happy Deepavali to your loved ones and you!!
Hail the button :)

Squiggles Mom said...

Oh and I like the new 'About Me'.

Sue said...

JLT -- Thank you!

Dipali -- Yay, cheers to me too!

Squiggle's Mom -- Thanks, and thanks! And I like it too, but Rohini is being rude about it. I've decided she's just jealous because she didn't get to do an MA. What do you think?

~nm said...

Hahaha..good one that was! I so love your wittiness! I'm one of those who are such tube lights when it comes to saying witty things at the right moments. I will always think of something much later! :P

P.S. In case you are wondering why I'm posting comments on such old posts, I had been away from blogs (comps to be precise) until this Monday. So catching up on all the previous posts from all! :)

Sue said...

NM -- Yes, I was wondering! Welcome back, then. Oh and I'm also one who thinks of smart comebacks way too late. Which is why I instantly blogged the one time I did think of one on time!