Thursday, November 15, 2007

I had some great photos

and I was all set to put them up but then I thought, my friends may not want photos of theirs and of their kids up on a public space like this. So here are the rest of my great photos:

The badge I was wearing all day yesterday. I marched in the non-political rally protesting against the state government's callousness and promotion of open warfare in Nandigram, and walked around wearing it afterwards as well. I'm proud I went.

These are Rahul's sandals which he just outgrew. At Rs. 500 a pair they were ridiculously expensive but he wore them from months 7 to 13, so I guess you could say they were worth it. Also, they look just as great now as when they were bought. Also, they went with all the clothes he had. Also, I fell completely in love with the crabs and the octopuses.

The Bhablet loves slides. Usually, for the small ones I hold him from the side and slide him down, but V took him up and down this full-length one in Golf Green and they both had a blast. Kids!

This is how Rahul looked two hours ago, during lunch. This is something he does at every meal now, sitting there with the food in his mouth. It drives me nuts, elongates every meal and has nothing to do with the cooking or his hunger. Crazy child.


And this is what the idiot did to himself last week. He slipped down the back of V's chair and got stuck. Yes, I did spend a long time laughing, jeering and taking photos before I rescued him. You'd have too.

P.S.
Got to settle him for his nap now so I'll turn the last pic later.

17 comments:

Opaline said...

Rahul is the handsomest little boy I've ever seen.

Hip Grandma said...

Rahul loks cute with food stuffed in his mouth.loved his look when he slipped and got stuck in dad's chair.Seems quite a sport.

Poppins said...

Cute Cute Pics, and oh gosh I love those sandals. Please keep them. If I have a baby boy, you can send them to me !

Poppins said...

And you did the rally huh. WTG!

March Hare said...

i love the look on his face with his mouth full of food. :D

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

He is so so so cuuuttte! Give him a kiss on my behalf, will you?

D said...

Your baby makes me want to go ahead and have one myself!!! Adorable!

Indrani said...

Came here looking for a link to the family blog. Can't you and Debika attach links to that one to all your mail?

Moppet's Mom said...

Lovely pics - the 2 of Rahul - at lunch and then stuck in the chair are priceless!

Moppet is on a non-chew campaign too. She sits with each spoonful in her mouth as if waiting for it to get assimilated through the inside of her cheeks. It totally drives me crazy, and not being the most patient of moms, usually ends with her being given only half her lunch every day.

Sue said...

Opaline -- Really? Even with all that food in his mouth?

Hip Grandma -- Yes, he is a sport, I'll give him that.

Poppin's Mom -- I'm not giving those sandals to anybody although I'm willing to loan them to you for as long as your baby boy-to-be wants to wear them. :)

March Hare -- Yeah, doesn't he look silly?

Anitha -- LOL. Sure, any time.

D -- Ah no! Don't. Stop right there. The world cannot take two Bhablets. Then again, perhaps your baby will be a nice, civilised child. I'm told they exist.

Barapishi -- I can. Don't want to.

DotMom said...

rahul looks so cute.. i could make a sandwich out of him!!!

the mad momma said...

us journo moms are heartless. click first, rescue later. he is the most beautiful child i've ever seen....

Sue said...

DotMom -- Nah, he's too skinny to make much of a filling. He'd be the original buttless wonder if his father hadn't beaten him to it first.

MM -- He's beautiful to you the same way Brat is perfect to me -- we can adore each others' kids without having to go through the horror of raising them...

Sue said...

Moppet's Mom -- What happens at our place is worse. If I'm relaxed, I grit my teeth and last out the hour and get it all down his gullet. But mostly I'm tired and in a hurry and lose my temper and then things get awful.

This afternoon I picked up a book when he started lazing. He still took time, but after a while he got bored since I wasn't so much as looking at him, and ate up. LOL!

choxbox said...

lovely pics :) you have a verry cute kid, dipali was right!

Mona said...

great pics sue and rahul really is a cutie.
his expressions are priceless.
:)

Sue said...

Choxbox -- Thank you. I'm afraid Dipali is very biased though. :) She and Rahul have a mutual admiration society going here.

Mona -- He's a clown, really.