Saturday, October 06, 2007

Tagged -- Naming No Names?

I've been tagged by Aargee and Anitha to do the middle name tag.

The rules are:

1. The rules must be mentioned in the beginning of the tag.

2. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Ok, I don't exactly have a middle name but I have two official pet names and I'm choosing one of them:

Ayesha. The Prophet's fourth wife, I'm told, and probably his favourite.


A: Ally-the-car. Means so much to me. I had always promised myself that I'd marry only when I could afford a car and was ready to settle down and start a family. I bought Ally from my father two months before the wedding (and before I could drive) and The Bhablet arrived exactly eight months after the wedding (he was a preemie, dammit!) so I guess I got married at the right time, all said. Or so the cosmos seems to indicate.

Y: Young. I'm only 25. I act old and I talk old and I've lived through so much more than most of my friends have faced (and some of them have faced a lot), but in my heart I'm young. I just try to hide it, and have no idea why!

E: My best friend E. I'd mention her by name but she has privacy issues. Anyway, she's just the perfect person to 'mak frensip' with, and I'm glad I did all those years ago.

S: Selimpur. Where I spent two happy years as a little kid. I have such strong memories of the place we lived in, of our neighbours and the local dogs. I started school from there. V lived on the other side of the main road then, only we didn't know each other (obviously). Now I'm living there again and life has completed one little circle.

H: Hyatt Regency, Calcutta. Where I learnt how blissful extra-large pillows can be. When I marry my millionaire I'm going to have a little room just filled with those pillows, and nobody but I shall be allowed inside. A mountain of giant snowy white pillows.

A: Arun. What I wanted to call The Bhablet initially. (Got no support so settled on Rahul. That gets no support either but I love it, so there.) I wanted to call him that because he woke me at dawn every morning as soon as he began to make his presence felt in my womb. He continues to get up at 4 a.m. *Sigh* It's such a task getting him back to sleep when you are dead on your feet.

Ok, in turn I tag

Aditya
Yashodhara (well, I'd have had to even if I hadn't wanted to, wouldn't I?!)
Enigma (I know, it's Sunita, but I can't find a blogger whose name starts with E, so I went with a blog!)
Sujatha
Hiphop Grandma
Art Navy

4 comments:

Squiggles Mom said...

Arun and Rahul are both nice, so you would've done well either way. And I loved the story behind the song.

Moppet's Mom said...

I love the name Ayesha - wanted it for Moppet, but the family had major objections... :-(

And what a coincidence - I LOVE those super-sized, super-soft pillows too!

Sujatha said...

Hey Sue, thanks. :) Don't have a middle name, but will think of something. Will post a link here when I'm through. :)

Sue said...

Sqiggle's Mom -- Aren't they? Everybody mocks me for my choices, strange people!

Moppet's Mom -- Well, my father objected too, so I have two 'official' pet names. You can always make out the allies of either parents based on what they call me.

Sujatha -- Oh good!