Monday, October 01, 2007

The Jeep that Wouldn't Start

Here is a story I wrote a couple of years ago for a term paper on Children's Literature. It was written in half an hour, while I was at office (in the middle of the night) while V was at his place and we sorted out the illustration over the chat.

Seems like a long time ago that V would get excited enough over his work to tell me about it. Nowadays, even if I ask he couldn't be bothered.

But yes, most days we are both too tired to want to talk much. I think. Ok, let's say that he's just too tired to listen because I am never too tired to talk.

4 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Hi Su,

No problem there. All it needs is one talker and one listener. Works perfectly every time.

I'm just finishing off my second novel for Penguin, which is why I've been an irregular visitor.

However, you and Patrick might be interested in a post called `Joy Hind' on my blog.

And to share the Puja spirit, there will be some Calcutta pictures on my site over the next few days.

By the way, did I ever tell you that there is a photograph of mine each week in The Telegraph's Sunday mag?

Enjoy the start of your week. Say hello to the Bhablet from Uncle David.

Cheers

David

karmickids said...

Dont you fret dear, this phase will pass too. Then will come a phase when he will decide to bore you with minute details of his work while the Bhablet is screaming in your ears demanding your complete attention. This comes at age four.

Y said...

you are tagged...or awarded...whatever!

Sue said...

David -- Heya. I check out your photo every week, I suppose I forgot to mention that. Makes life a bit more interesting when you know the person behind the writing / photo, however tangentially. :)

Kiran -- Really? I will probably either curl up my toes and give up the ghost or have run away to Austria with a very rich man, so I won't need to worry about that phase.

Y -- Thank you. *Blushes*