Y and Kiran tagged me on the fetish tag. It's been on the back burner for a while, but now I'm confessing at last.
1. I can live like a complete slob when I live alone but just the presence of one (or half or even a quarter, hell a threat of a presence of another) human being makes me tidy away and tweak into neatness. If that is rearranged I see red. I used to be worse. When I lived alone and had no maid and cleaned once a month, then visitors who dropped in after a bout of cleaning had to remove their shoes in a marked area, so that the flat would do without cleaning for another month. Yes, I've always been very optimistic.
2. I count on my fingers to pass the time. My other top favourite way of passing time is the bored game, which I invented. You start by saying, "I'm bored. I'm bored bored. I'm bored bored bored. I'm bored bored bored bored." and so on ad nauseam. It's fun and guaranteed to annoy anybody around you.
3. I have this strange theory of cleanliness. I need to wash my hands every time I touch something I consider dirty, but I don't necessarily wash properly. If I so much as touch soap and wash that off I consider myself cleaned. I've been working on this, post Bhablet, but there has been only limited improvement.
4. I like things meticulously planned out and tend to get upset when other people fail to run by the plan. I mean, I planned it taking all contingencies into account, and by that I mean these other people, and we all know (or should) that I know best, so why not just do it my way? Funnily enough, I get along best with people who are slobs or who are pretty unfocused or who do funny things on the spur of the moment.
5. My wardrobes may not be neat but everything in there has a place of its own and must be replaced just so. I enjoy tidying my cupboards, running my hands along my beloved clothes, smoothening out the creases, stacking them straight, sorting out my toiletries.
6. My food has to be distributed evenly all through the meal. (I'm a great fan of symmetry.) So if I'm having, say, fried veggies with dal and rice, I try to ensure that the veggies are evenly distributed between all the mouthfuls of rice. By now I can judge how much each mouthful will need. I also feed The Bhablet like this. I try to ensure that each spoonful has some of the fish/chicken/whatever.
7. I have this thing about clothes. I may not remember your face but if your clothes were even remotely attractive I'll remember you. I notice them and obsess over them and have fairly decent choice when I dress other people. Funnily enough, I'm a pretty boring dresser myself.
There, that is the seven of the original tag and I'm not revealing any more.
Does this mean none of you will ever visit me now?