Friday, September 28, 2007

It just struck me

... that, what with Rahul being a year old now, I'm no longer the mother of a baby, but the mother of a child. Which is infinitely more alarming.

... that what with having to let my bangs grow so as to look older for Proof (the play I'm doing) and them now falling on either side of my forehead instead of covering it as they used to, and what with me wearing a salwar-kameez and having my hair tied up in a tight plait at the back, and what with wearing a bindi, I really look like a small town girl. Which I sometimes think I am at heart. Or at least, a part of me is.

11 comments:

rads said...

You look beautiful. In a simple, innocent way. Very :)

the mad momma said...

you look lovely. i prefer you without the bangs. i wore bangs for years because of the famed broad bong forehead, but i think even i look better without them. lovely.

Sunita said...

Such innocent looks I must tell you and sweet simple small town girl looks definitely.
Hmm ...I was wondering who do you look like..that should be 'Meera Jasmine' of Mallu films.

Very Pretty :).

Poppins said...

Very nice picture, but slightly deceptive. Innocent, Paavam you? Nah. :)

Just Like That said...

You have beautiful eyes.:)

Grafxgurl said...

why the sad look?

youre THIN girl! REJOICE!!!
:D

im a small town girl too.
but sometimes i like to kick it up in the big city .

Sue said...

Rads -- When I start my fan club you can be the President. :)

MM -- Yes, that is why I've always wanted bangs. Only got them this May so I'm a bit grieved at having to let them go. Forgot to mention, I love the Orkut pic of Brat's annaprashan. First time I caught you in a sari, I think!

Sunita -- I don't think I know her, but thank you all the same. :)

Poppin's Mom -- *Fiendish laughter* No?

JLT -- My name means "Good Eyes". So I live in fear of spectacles...

Grafx -- No, just tired then. I know what you mean about the duality. That's why I think I'm kinda cosmopolitan. I know how to survive almost anywhere!

Mystic Margarita said...

You look lovely, Sue. And you look even younger than you are :)

Rohini said...

You took tired...

Anitha said...

You are beautiful. Your parents have named you very aptly.

Trishna said...

It is such a cute picture,Sue.. you definitely dont look like a mom of a child! :) I love the innocent look..