Monday, July 09, 2007

Thank You, Everybody

All of you who wished me on Sunday, thanks for remembering. For all the mails, the scraps, the cards and the Facebook gifts, because it's always nice to be remembered, especially on a Sunday when I quite understand you would rather be lazing elsewhere.

V, The Bhablet and I went for a drive out of town. We went down the Delhi highway and ended up in Burdwan. Lunch was at a dhaba on the way. We bought langchas at Shaktigarh, of course, and drove back home.

I drove and am rather pleased with myself about it. I drove, you guys, on the highway. The road was fantastic, and mostly empty, and part of the way I had a nice jeep in front of me that kept clearing the road for me and showing me ways to overtake the odd vehicle in front. Worked wonders for my self-confidence. I grew up next to the highway and understand perfectly well just how dangerous it can be, but I must say I feel far more scared in city traffic.

Well, I'm 25 now and consider myself a fully-fledged adult so I will now go to bed.

3 comments:

Squiggles Mom said...

try driving in delhi.... you will feel you're in one of those violent videogames.

Sue said...

Sqiggle's Mom -- That's just what I mean, city traffic scares the bejesus out of me.

But then, you know what they say -- if you can drive in Calcutta, you can drive anywhere in the world, and that includes speed-mad Madras and violent Delhi.

vicky said...

It was the Delhi road, not the Madras highway.