Friday, July 27, 2007

Thank You, Baba!

My father insisted on getting The Bhablet baby rusks. The Bhablet tried the first lot, decided they weren't worth the trouble and refused to have any more.

I tried telling my father that, but he turns a deaf ear to most things I have to say about his grandson (what would a mere child like I know?) and got him some more when he went to Singapore this summer. This time they were teething rusks, in long bar-like biscuits, easy for a baby to hold.

This evening I finally gave The Bhablet one. And I live to regret it.

He started out by refusing to bite the rusk -- although he bites everything else in sight, including the parts of me that he can reach. So he licked one end till it was soft and crumbly and then wiped it on me. Lick, wipe, lick, wipe -- it became fairly boring. And then he scratched the soft part and wiped his hand on me. Because we all know that's what I was born for.

After half an hour of this he smacked me in the mouth with the half that was still nice and hard. And then he decided to wipe the floor with it.

So I took it away. The Bhablet has been wiped down, but now I need a bath!

Daft child.

And while we're posting photographs, here is The Bhablet sitting on his toys. He probably finds it very comfortable. That would be just the sort of thing he would do.

18 comments:

dipali said...

The Bhablet is teaching you your proper role in life! Looking forward to a session of being jumped on by him:) Lovely pics, though he's looking rather uncomfortable on the toys. Let's meet next week, maybe Monday?

Grafx said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! he's grown so fast already!?????????????????


WHAT!!!!!!!

HOW?????

Moppet's Mom said...

He looks like you! Probably behaves like you as well ;-)

Have you tried soup sticks? He might like them...

WishfulThinker said...

I came here to specifically say that he looks soooooooo much like his dad man! :) And I was thinking that someone out there would be thinking that he looks like you and sure enough, moppet's mom thinks so! hahahahahaha!

Suki said...

No wonder he's regressed again from "Rahul" to "The Bhablet" in this one post! :P

Must confess - I love "Bhablet" so much better than plain grown-up "Rahul"!

ruby tuesday said...

agree with commenter above. bhablet is almost a trademark :D

and i like the bhalonaam too. (although it's too big for him.) but rahul? is he shahrukhkhan from k-films?

Rohini said...

It's less amusing when they come and wipe their dirty hands on your office clothes when you are just leaving...

He looks adorable and gosh, they grow fast, don't they...

Sue said...

Dipali -- You have the grandmothers' perspective. I see it from the homicidal mother point of view. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Grafx -- Yes! Exactly! I've no idea how!

Moppet's Mom -- Actually, he looks more like his father, but he certainly has my fiery temperament. *Sigh*

I'm not giving him anything to eat by himself any more. He will be fed until I think he is mature enough not to try to feed my dress. I think.

Wishful -- Oi, you! I had no idea you still hop around. Bleady.

Suki -- Yes, I refer to him as Rahul until he makes an utter clown of himself and goes back to being The Bhablet.

Ruby T -- Rahul's my favourite boys' name, was so before the advent of Shah Rukh Khan. And Rahul will be 1 yr old in two months, he cannot be The Bhablet much longer!

Rohini -- It's never amusing. Even if I'm lounging around in a ratty old nightie, I'd rather not be crumby as well as ratty!

the mad momma said...

i'm sorry.. but he's going to be the bhaeblet in my head till he's married and father of 3 children!!!

Mona said...

lol. he is a cutie!

Sameera said...

hi sue,
u dont know me...atleast not yet!

je mapelle sameera which is quite understood from the blogger name

neways jus dropped in to say hello
ive read most of ur archives the past one month or so

and u have a really cute kid in the bhablet..his face screams "V" all over..looks totally like his dad!

and keep blogging!

Rohini said...

And another piece of advice on the teething rusks, carrying them as possible entertainment options on a car journey - not such a good idea...

Sue said...

MM -- I was afraid of that. Hell, Rimi still calls him Fudge, never mind The Bhablet!

Mona -- Yes, he is. Takes after his father though, so nothing to look forward to in 30 yrs time...

Sameera -- Hello. Ought I know you?

Rohini -- Ally's a mess anyway, after the rains. I guess rusks cannot do much more damage. Excuse me while I go howl. I haven't even finished paying for that car!

running_along said...

Haha he's SO cute :D As is this post!

shub said...

Err..previous comment was from me! Was testing something, and posted without checking!

Sue said...

Shub -- It's ok, I recognised the pic!

Beq said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sue said...

Beq -- I'm sure.