Thursday, July 05, 2007

Listen to Me

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I come here to talk
I hope you understand

Because talking to you at home doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

So I'm telling you here, right in front of all the people who read this, and also because it's easier typing it out than saying it out aloud and seeing the mistrust in your eyes -- you have to know that I depend on you. So walking out into the rain is not the solution. I can't stop you. I can eventually hold down my pride long enough to call you back, but does it always have to be about the two of us battling our egos?

You know, and you know well, what you mean to me. I have not given up life as I knew it and I do not spend my days babysitting a Bhablet just because I enjoy that. I did these things because I had no choice, yes, but I didn't have a choice because there was you, and the only way I would have had a choice would have been to leave you out of the picture. So, what I'm trying to say is, I chose you, didn't I? And I'm still here, aren't I?

Must I say more than that?

This, incidentally, is an apology. I'd have called you up sooner tonight, except that I was busy with The Bhablet.

4 comments:

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Guts.
A phone call wouldn't work?

J.A.P.

Sue said...

JAP -- He was home by the time I wrote this, but still not talking to me. :)

Rohini said...

This too shall pass...

Glad your dad is feeling better...

dipali said...

Hope things are better now. All the best...