Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Actually, it was pretty filthy when we arrived, but V's cleaned the place up some, and I've decided to go in for positive thinking (as of two hours ago), so yeah, home sweet home.

The train journey was not as bad as I feared, and the novelty of it all kept The Bhaeblet pretty occupied, mostly. He slept lots. Ate properly. I ate lots. Slept properly.

I already miss my mother. I miss being able to sleep in in the mornings and kicking The Bhaeblet out of the room when he woke up early, into the loving arms of his grandparents. Oh well, he misses them too, I can see that. Felt pretty horrible on Sunday night when the train started and he realised that they weren't coming with him, and his grin finally slipped off his face.

But his other grandparents met him here and they seem to have cheered him up a bit. Actually, while he is pally enough with V's mother, he and his paternal grandfather share a really special connection. I can't quite describe it. They see each other maybe once in 7, 10 days, but they always have this really cool thing about them. Like they know that they have each other and nobody is going to come in between. Reminds me of my brother and our paternal grandfather.

Update: Positive thinking's a lot of hard work.

5 comments:

Rohini said...

You have been tagged

M (tread softly upon) said...

he'll survive :) and so will you

educatedunemployed said...

I so know what you mean.I just picked up this book Dr Norman Vincent Peale on The Power of Positive Thinking and I already do everything he recommends and yet I feel the gloom.Grr!

Congratulations to the baby on his first train journey.He will be fine in a few days...or rather he will adapt in a few days. :))

Sue said...

Rohini -- Post coming up.

M -- I know. Sometimes though, survival doesn't seem so difficult. Like right now.

EU -- Nah, he needed grandmothers around him. He's got that and is consequently a fairly happy boy now.

the mad momma said...

LOL! I like the positive twist.. must learn how to do it.