Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Something Stinky This Way Comes

The Bhaeblet turned six months old last Sunday. Where did the time go? It's hard to believe he's that old when you look at him, he's such a Very Skinny Kid. Now V and I both started our lives as reasonably chubby children, so I fail to see what WB's problem is. It's not that he doesn't like his food, because he does.

He's within the average weight percentile -- but only just. It worries me because I think I must be going about this wrong. Breastfeeding drove me nuts, but at least while that was all he was given I knew he was getting the right proportions. And it's so hard to figure out what to do, because now that I've to cook for him and so on, I really don't know when to do it! He gives us a hard time about his daytime naps and he gets so cranky because he is tired, and whines as long as he's left alone. So it's as much as I can do to cook for V and me. I barely manage a bath (and we have a water problem anyway, with water only being available at certain times during the day). Now when am I supposed to make his food fresh every day?

The child is just not reasonable.

In other news, as they say, V is my hero. Totally, absolutely. I cannot go into the exact details, because a lot of people assure me they read this blog, and I refuse to open myself to any more ridicule than I already face, but suffice it to say that the crisis concerned a very important piece of jewellery and might remind one of certain screwy matters that had come up for discussion earlier. It also involved me being in a blue funk and him keeping a very cool head, not to mention an act of absolute bravery in plastic gloves. So, as I said, he's my HERO. (Make the most of this, V.)

Rahul had his rice ceremony on the 1st. Those of you who have been grumbling because I haven't yet sent the photos, hold your horses. I barely get time to bathe, remember?

No comments: