Sunday, March 11, 2007

Another Email Forward

Some MORE Things Mom Taught Me

My mother taught me IRONY -
"Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about."

My mother taught me FORESIGHT -
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

My mother taught me complex Physics -
"If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you, would you listen THEN?"

My Mother taught me to THINK AHEAD -
"If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job."

My mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT -
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

My Mother taught me about WISDOM -
"When you get to be my age, you will understand."

My mother taught me about HOPE & JUSTICE -
"One day you'll have kids ... and I hope they turn out just like you!"

My mother taught me HUMOR -
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me!"

---

It's quite worrying -- I've actually heard myself say the first one. (And I've only been a mother five months!)

My mother and aunts have fun when I complain about feeding this Very Fussy Feeder -- they give various versions of the penultimate one. Apparently I was a little difficult over food, too. Or so they say. What would they know?

2 comments:

Rohini said...

Looks like my Ferber book is making its way back to me. If you can mail me your address, I will send it to you.

Sunayana Roy said...

Rohini - Done!