Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Bhaeblet is MEAN

The Bhaeblet is out to get me. Us, rather. His father and I are convinced of it.

He saves the potty up for the 3 a.m. nappy change. And unlike any normal human creature, a good bout of clearing only serves to wake him up -- so, in the pre-dawn hours we are faced with a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed baby.

These days, that gleam in his eyes scares me, not that I let him know it.

After three weeks of sharing the night shift with me, V collapsed yesterday.

If you are wondering, yes, The Bhaeblet has been thwacked. Sometimes, parental love and affection only stretches so far. The good news is, as I realised later, that what I thought was a bone-jarring thwack for him (and which gave me lots of guilt-ridden hours) was in fact a comforting, soothing thump on his back.

3 comments:

Rimi said...

what I thought was a bone-jarring thwack for him [...] was in fact a comforting, soothing thump on his back.

Only don't tell him that or whatever little power you have over him will be lost forever *thunderclap*

I'm telling you. First law of parenting. Be a figure of mystery! Keep the li'l bounders guessing! Learn from your parents failures!

Also, I think it's a good idea (since I'm safely out of the man's reach) to to feed V some of the kid's protein stuff. Lesse how it works on older kids, sort of thing :D

Beq said...

A thwack is a thwack is a thwack is a thwack. And no self-respecting boy has ever learned anything without this particular mother's little helper. Ask me!

Sue said...

Rimi - WB's doc suggested I use up our tin of Lactogen to make V's tea. (Since the WB shoudln't be given any of that junk, he meant.)

Beq - Mother's little helper is right. This mother could also use some of that other helper, and her only a month into motherhood. *Sigh*