Saturday, April 01, 2006

Turn Me On. Please.

Does one woman need four blogs? I have this one for amusing myself. I have my secret one for confessing my fears. And there's the one I created for my writing which I never updated. And then there's the original blog. I link to it from here because I wrote in a different phase of my life and that comes across. When I wrote in there I could still write love letters, flirt with unknown men, hate my parents and be very mature in a naive sort of way. I was something I am not now, essentially confident of myself.

Like a flower waiting to bloom
Like a lightbulb in a dark room
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come home and turn me on

Like the desert waiting for the rain
Like a school kid waiting for the spring
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on

My poor heart, it's been so dark since you been gone
After all, you're the one who turns me off
You're the only one who can turn me back on

My hi-fi's waiting for a new tune
The glass is waiting for some fresh ice cubes
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on
Turn me on

I'm waiting. Seems to me, I've been waiting for so long now.

2 comments:

Sally said...

That Nora Jones song is the best.

Sue said...

Sally - Yes, it is.