Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What I've Been Doing

Long time no see, blogworld. Wasn't well yesterday. What with the heatwave and no rains so far, I've been having day-long headaches. But I'm ok now, so let's see what I've been up to:

Saturday: Mother-to-be went shopping with Grandmother-to-be and didn't enjoy it much to start with. But a new skirt, two new tops, one more top given to be tailored, not to mention two other dresses also given for tailoring do tend to perk one up a little. That and telling V exactly what I though of him. Made me feel so much better. Spent the night with Mum at Moore Avenue, read Speaking of Jennings yet again -- and that gave me a much-needed respite from married life. Baperbaris may be irritating, but man do we need them!

N.B. Was telling an aunt that evening how infuriating it is to have to fight with a jerk who doesn't even have the decency to fight back, but just sits there looking sadder and sadder, when she chuckled and told me that's just how her husband was, too. In her own words, "Those stupid sad looks ruined my youth." Well, I can feel what's left of my own youth clutching its (metaphorical) hair and stomping up and down in frustration.

Sunday: Came running back home because V sulkily admitted that he was going flat-hunting and even said that I could come if I wanted to. Well, of course I wanted to -- as if I'd let him choose a place all by himself! Saw a niceish place, was asked to return in the evening to talk to owners. Spent the afternoon sleeping. (Did I mention I'd decided to forgive V after all?) Talked to flat owner in the evening, and came to tentative terms. Went back to Moore Avenue for dinner.


Monday: Blinding headache all day. Felt miserable. Would have been even more sorry for myself if it weren't for this beautiful saree I was wearing. Wafer-thin, light orange chiffon with tatting flowers stitched on. The flowers were made by Tua's dida (a.k.a Diya) for my trousseau and the whole outfit looks rather fetching. Left office early and tried to snatch an hour's sleep at home, without much success. Poached the book V's reading instead. He can find himself something else. Went out in the evening to meet P (schoolfriend from Vizag, in town on work).

Spent an hour or so chatting with him in an over-cooled CCD off Park Street. While I was munching on a passable chicken hot dog the uncle mentioned before messaged to say that they had finally started having chicken again, well-boiled. Well, what can I say? I just wasn't born health conscious.
Flat owners called to finalise the deal. We'll have to meet them to sign papers etc.

P.S. The new summer collection at Pantaloons is pretty pathetic.

P.P.S. The uncle mentioned twice here is a pretty nice sort, but being a doctor, a trifle too obsessed with trivial things like what one should and should not eat. He actually cautioned me against phuchkas in the heat, saying that I might pick up jaundice!

P.P.P.S. I know I've said this before, but CCDs are not comfortable. They are much too cold and far too loud to be able to enjoy the food, which is incidentally, not always as good as it could be. And I resent a place which makes you pay for water!

P.P.P.P.S. I enjoyed reading Rohini's blog this morning. Made me feel somewhat better about the occasional bouts of morning sickness.

13 comments:

Sue said...

Thinking it over, given the 'fun' I had last December, maybe I should take the threat of jaundice more seriously?

Anonymous said...

Why do you insert a hyperlink to every damn thing you refer to in your website. Did CCD pay you to put up that link ?

Sue said...

Anon - If you think about it, CCD wdn't pay me to trash their joints. The operative word being think, not trash. Am I getting through all your angst dearie?

WishfulThinker said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekened all in all!! And just what is it about women and clothes man??? What what??? Pray tell!!! :)

Sue said...

Wishful, yes, I did have a nice weekend after all. And as for the clothes, I'll put up a post.

Vaga Bond said...

Can I too pile on with you. :-) ;-)
Phulees! Pretty Please! Please, please, please.

Sue said...

Bond - Pile on with me how exactly?

First Rain said...

Hey Sue. Kinda bumped in from here and there. I totally agree about CCD being too cold! And pardon me for commenting on a comment but did somebody actually ask about women and clothes! Next somebody will ask about women and shopping, and that will be it - the end of the world ;)

Hope the new flat turns out to be good luck, for you n V n the baby.

Sue said...

Rain - Check out Wishful's comment above yours. He did and he'll have to read what I'm going to write. And oh yes, I intend to touch on shopping since I'm writing anyway :-)

Rohini said...

Congratulations on your new home. Moving home will mean another very good excuse to go shopping and buy new things (if you needed one).

Sue said...

Rohini - There's also the end of the [Bengali] year sales. Discounts on household goods. I love to buy, doesn't matter what it is or who it's for!

Darth Midnightmare said...

Hmmm. Bumped in here from Gawd-knows-what route but am enjoying the reading. As for shopping and women, would love a tip. Just how much is the lower threshold that a guy must be willing to shell out in terms of time and dough per day? ;-)

Sue said...

Mid - Hang in there, post on clothes (and shopping) coming up.