Saturday, March 18, 2006

BREAKING NEWS

Once upon a time, I was a huge fan of Shania Twain. And there was this song, not very easy to sing, that I liked to match my voice against:

From this moment
As long as I lived will love you
I promise you this.
There is nothing
I wouldn't give
From this moment on.

Now that is the kind of thing I believe you can only say in a song. But what the hell, I feel like saying it to my little baby, and so I will. Now I say it in my mind, when I have him in my arms, I'll say it to his dear little face.

Yes, I'm expecting a kid, isn't that awfully exciting? And just to spite V and my father, I will have a son. And they will just have to grin and bear it, heh.

Cool, huh?

Makes me feel all jittery and excited inside.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, a list of things I want to remind myself of, when I'm a mum:

  1. Kids will have their own wishes. I only get to rule their lives so long.

  2. Make him/her eat every damn thing they are supposed to. Not grow up to be like V or me.

  3. Resist the temptation to spoil the brat silly.

  4. Do not let my friends anywhere near the child (from child's age 3 to 35). Ditto certain big-mouthed cousins. V and I will have images to keep up!

  5. Not to let the sun go down on my anger. Very old lesson, well learnt once, thoroughly forgotten of late.

  6. Not worry about kid's education. (Can't see myself doing this anyway. V neither.)

Ooh. A kid. Mine. Oh, and V's of course. (sheepish grin) As a certain Tamilian I know would say, bleady!

3 comments:

Jassie said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! When is the baby due?

Sue said...

Jassie -- He was due in late October 2006. :)

Jassie said...

Good Lord - I'm losing it! I thought you were pregnant now! Didn't see the date! :-)