Friday, November 26, 2004

’Allo! I am back, if I ever really went away… been a beastly couple of weeks. Have no proof they have ended, to be sure, but at least tonight I feel reasonably perky.
Went to Dana’s birthday party tonight, where we all cooked ourselves Chinese hotpot soup. Yummy. And doing the egg-drop thing through cute little sieves was fun too. Not mention watching your own portions of fish and chicken and veggies cook in their little sieves. I was so excited that I had two bowls of soup and had to have only a reasonable dinner. That was good too, btw. Afterwards we danced. They danced before I arrived (cos I was late, but things were slowing down till the soup began). Tanaji and I improvised a dogems waltz wherein we bulldozed everybody else off the floor. Before anybody frowns, let me add that we deliberately did so in retaliation, against this particularly inconsiderate couple who were bumping into all the others. I will of course mention no names.
Told everybody about my plans for a day-long party around Christmas… invited everybody present. I considered it and then decided I would call everybody I cared to know. Vicky can do the same. They can drop in as and when it suits them and bring mutual friends I suppose. That should keep it going. Movies all day, popcorn and chips along with the booze. Lunch and high tea I guess I can serve. Former can be pasta based and latter cold cuts. All the meat should keep us happy.
Oh cool, I haven’t planned a party in too long.
Gadawful telephone bill reached me last night. I rather think I’ll have to pay this one. But I’m convinced there’s some jiggerey-pokery afoot. Could I really have spent all that time on the phone?
My life has been so quiet of late, thanks to my ill health and fits of depression and consequent lethargy. I really should do things. Might cheer me more that somewhat.
Like, last Sunday I taught Dhrubo French. Now that was fun. Maybe because he’s so keen to learn?
Good night world, I will end with how I feel viz, that Vicky is an absolute darling. Not too blessed with the smarts I think(!) but a darling beyond all other possible darlings.

No comments: