Thursday, September 30, 2004

My mid-sems finish tomorrow, thank heavens, so I can back to a relatively stress-free existence. I tell you, being an Arts student ain’t easy work. You obviously do not study till the last possible second (in my case the rickshaw ride to Uni this afternoon) and it’s all very taxing on the nerves. If I die of heart failure at a young age you’ll know what to blame.
I participated in a theatre quiz on Friday. Had gone to watch but since there weren’t enough teams, they pulled me into one. The only person more clueless than I in the entire setup was my partner. No, that’s no true. Another team actually scored zero. We managed a five, thanks to a class test I’d ‘studied’ for earlier that day (I got a four on ten in the test in case you’re wondering. At least the fifteen minutes spent flipping through my class notes came in useful somewhere.) Anyway, I think they shoved my mug in the dailies today. Probably cos I kept asking the quiz-master – Dhruv, a friend of mine – to give us a ten out of sheer pity for a pathetic performance. I must add that when we finally scored that 5 on a passed question my team practically got a standing ovation… I wonder if I entirely lack all sense of shame?
Oh, and on Sunday I cooked. If you’re wondering what the big deal was, maybe I should mention my culinery accomplishments till then had been maggie and rice. Occasionally, when I felt a bit more daring than usual I fried eggs… once or twice I even made French toast! Anyway, now I can boast of having made chicken kofta curry and a fab dal. Learnt how to roast yesterday, so roast mutton next I think. Or Irish stew. People, you can boast of knowing a famous-chef-in-the-making.

5 comments:

v said...

humph! Why? She won't cook for me...

Sue said...

Because I don't cook for 'little' boys who keep comparing me to their mommies. Don't need that kind of encouragement.

Beq said...

Wa bout mah buk then? When do I get roast mutton??? I won't compare yer to me muther! Waaaah!!

Ayesha said...

John, go away!

tuabon said...

neither will i compare u to my mother if u cook for me......she is a hopeless cook anyway,apart from her chilly chicken and deserts!