Saturday, February 28, 2004

Wednesday:
I have a date. Am going out with Mick for lunch. Feels strange. Have been talking to the guy for hours on the phone of late but what will it be like seeing him again?

Had a superb lunch at Banana Leaf. We started with idlis and vadas and then had a cheese dosa each. After wards I went off to GDBS to prepare for ‘Sakuntala’. The show was a genuine disaster. Only Raashi, Sudeshna and Beq saved it from utter ruin. Nilanajana did not. ’Nuff said.

Thursday:
So maybe they are right and I am in fact a little girl getting her hands burned in the grownup world. I suppose it’s necessary. I need to know, if only to protect myself from similar circumstances.
Chased sugar today. That was a new experience too. I think I liked it but I won’t pine if I don’t do it again.
What am I looking for? Not to get hurt? That seems impossible. I seem to go through life looking for the hurtingest places and plunging right in when I find them. What am I really looking for?

Friday:
I should learn to keep my mouth shut. That apart, I set fire to my hair. Was lighting a fag and suddenly felt the locks on the right side of my face go sizzle and then my eyebrow smarted. When I touched it bits of burnt hair came away. It was quite freaky. I’d burned my hair, eyebrow and eyelashes. So I cut all my hair off. I think I like it. It’s definitely très chic. But I won’t have flyaway locks around my face for years now.

Saturday:
WPY (Will Party Youth) finds expression at Debo’s place tonight. With my new haircut I have to, if only to give rein to the newfound joie de vivre coursing through my veins.
Oh, and I have a dinner date with movie thrown in for tonight as well. Hope that works out. That’s really funny, me with two dates in one week and with a different look for each. I think I like this new me.
Have decided to take V’s advice and make myself, using force majeur is necessary, to take a chance on life again. Which obviously translates into taking a chance on les hommes. Am taking things slow but will not let myself get thrown by reverses of fortune. No sirrah!
Somewhere out there I hope there is a certain cute junkie who approves. ;-)

No comments: