Monday, February 02, 2004

I didn’t write about the biggest thing that happened in Chennai. Oh well, in brief then: Esha, three of her friends from college and I went to Sparks(z?) which is a once-a-week disc in Chennai. The men were H, Ravi, Curly, Arjun and Raghu-who-must-not-be-called-by-his-nicker.
Entry was costly but entirely redeemable at the bar so no complaints. Danced with all nine others, individually and collectively… sometimes I amaze myself. Lost count of alcohol intake very early in the evening and didn’t make the mistake of trying to tot up later. There was a lot of herbage appreciation (not at the disc, obviously). I remember a settled preference for unadulterated Vitamin G but we all later agreed that that had probably been a mistake.
Went home in “wee hours”. E took couch, the girls one room and the guys another room. H and I formed a floating population, wandering from sitting-room floor to guys’ room. Ultimately shoved them aside and fell asleep. Woken up by Baba’s call at six, found Nancy on the floor, poor man.
I can’t remember the last day I spent in the city because I think I slept a good part of it. Was extremely hungover although not painfully so, thank god. Part of it was spent driving around for breakfast. There was an actress involved in this somehow. Some more time was spent making my peace with E. Will she forgive me ever? Don’t know.
Good trip though. No regrets on all counts.
Am entirely over S. Mailed him to tell him so. Will he want to keep in touch with me? I don’t know. Am not losing anything I didn’t throw away three years ago.
And now there’s another mail on this doc telling another ‘perfect’ person I vant to be alone. Beq is the only one willing to play along with the mask, bless his soul. But then, he’s seen the worst side of me, so I guess he knows why this could be important to me.

Nicely pensive tone to end a blog. Finally this feels like a diary.

5 comments:

Ayesha said...

Am I the only person who reads this blog? Not that I'm complaining but I am curious...

v said...

i come here too sometimes, when i want to know what you are...

Ayesha said...

Well I am what I am and I'm glad I'm a man (and so is Lola, Beq, I know!)

v said...

you confuse me greatly... (such as what's in parentheses)

Ayesha said...

That's from 'Lola' by The Kinks. When you can't understand what I'm saying that's usually Beq'n'Suespeak. I don't think anybody else understands it either