Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Woke up late today. Passed an extremely peaceful morning with some breakfast and gin and then spent an hour watching Suryanarayan’s marriage video. Caught Lakshmi and me in it. How young we look. I was thirteen and she was eleven and I must say our faces have completely lost that innocent look which characterized our youthful visages. Worked on the book after. Really must hand it in. Am awfully overdue.
Spent the evening with Esha, her sister Hema and her nephew Arvind and niece Amrutha(?) at Spencer’s. It was fun but at the end of the day I find I’m entirely fagged out. Speaking of which, what I wouldn’t do for a quiet smoke…
We attracted no small amount of attention, what with the kids being as cute as they are.
Prudhvi called up a lot today. He’s coming over to Chennai day after tomorrow, he says. Flirted exceedingly with him. It was a lot of fun. I hope we can make it to a movie while he’s here.
I’m afraid my tastes are getting more and more posh as time goes by. Am getting spoiled for life. What with being used to a large house, so much spending money and all this extravagant living, it scares me to think how we’ll manage should anything go wrong.
Oh well, let me not brood in a public place. Suffice it to say I’m happy. When you have everything, who cares if a little loneliness finds its way in through the back door from time to time?

No comments: